[Poll] Build Claiming, How long do you think it should be?

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers

How much time do you think should pass before a build can be claimed by another player?

3 Months
23%
6 Months
43%
9 Months
27%
12 Months
7%

Total votes: 30
Failure
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: [Poll] Build Claiming, How long do you think it should be?

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:13 pm

:D i have a supporter however the thing being that towns can go without upkeep if you fund them and trust your comayors and assistants the only prob being ppl you thought you trusted taking money or claiming max amounts of land and you cannot claim in town territory without express perms from the mayor/comayor the thing to help this delimma is towns it would be cool if towns could have a ghost area for 3 to 6 to 9 months proclaiming the boundaries and once the boundaries fell the builds are claimable kinda like seeing the town as the player who built it however playerr stats would be used in the wild i doubt ghost town boundaries would be possible however it would be cool to see such a thing and see that the area was off limits for a while (maybe include a counter) sometimes things pop up and player ful their town and come back 3 months later and the place is in ruins if the ghost town thing could serve as an extention to the mayors or builders claim on build and maybe have a restart town fee of like 500 or somesuch imo 3 months would be fine if such a thing were implemented making the town the extention instead of extending the rule time plus it would encourage builders to build in town and not the wilderness making the "oh I didn't know" excuse gone, for inside the town i beleive the mayor should still have rights to claim after 3 months like the wilderness and i also beleive players that have been gone before the new rule is put in shouldnt count in the rule even if it means they log in for 5 mins to prove they are still active(ish) if you read this all congrats and I doubt some of these things are possible but i had to put em out there
Lord Farquaad Is My Dad
wesleyearl123
Architect
Architect

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:21 am

I voted for 12 months, however I quickly regretted it. So I changed my mind on 9 months, because most veterans like (name), (name), and a whole bunch of more RenMX from the past are now currently on the server again. But seriously, who would be gone for half a year and didn't know their build would be taken by then? Also, I know some people like (name) who have been gone for over 3-6 months, so I definitely do not agree with those.
Owner of McTidgeys
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:15 pm

It should depend on real activity of the player.

The lesser the activity, lesser the time it becomes available to be claimed. In case of claiming some huge projects (for example, Ricksterm's Ibex or Steph's pandora or Psico's Amaranthos) it will take more than 9 months to be ready for claim (unless the owner wants to pass to the new one)
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Zapperzz99
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: AMD FX-8320
RAM: Vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: GTX 760 Windforce
Display: Asus 21.5 & Asus 24"

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:09 pm

RamboNol wrote:After thinking about it, I'm regretting voting for 6 months. :? I think, coming from personal experience, that 6 months is too short of time if something big comes up unless something can be said ahead of time, such as what Failure suggested (although I think that might already be something in place).
Even though I voted for 9 months, I'll say 6 months still sounds like a very nice alternative. That is twice the current rate :P

I really like what Steph said about how "one awesome feature of this server is your builds being safe forever". But still I agree there should be a cut off, we want longevity but we also don't want an insanely cluttered map. 6 months is probably very reasonable for most cases. I'm not sure what the actual statistics are, but I bet more people who leave for 6 months don't come back than those who do.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:13 pm

The rules have been updated. We now have a dedicated section in our Wiki for claiming abandoned builds which I believe lays clear our position on this. You can read that new section here: http://www.renmx.com/learn/#claim_abandoned_builds

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”