CPU: Intel i368
RAM: 1KB
Motherboard: a peice o paper
GPU: A fork
Display: A light buib
Cooling: a fart

Glass tube FAX/Item transfer is coming!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:23 pm

Scene everyone thought a fax line would be interesting I thought YES so I'm going to get on that if anyone chould help that whould be greatly appreciated :D
I like memes
jackerdelta
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Re: Glass tube FAX/Item transfer is coming!

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:33 pm

I tested the idea over ~1000 blocks, works fine, though good luck getting the glass to make anything longer. Also, whats to prevent people from griefing the fax line (saying it goes long distance?) Even if you hide it, someone could still theoretically find it underground and just break it. If you make something over 1000 blocks long that means checking every single block.. Its a good idea in theory, but the practical use over any semi-long or long distance just seems really inefficient, might as well just fly form point A to B.

Legendary Crafter 2016, Epic Crafter 2015-2016, City Planner 2013-2015, Architect 2012-2013, Apprentice 2011-2012
v0nngamerrocks

Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:46 pm

I have a solution for line greafing
1.Ask a mod/admin to make it locked
2. Use have a security system
I like memes
jackerdelta
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:28 am

1. Have it locked? If mods are going to go around locking everything i'd like to have all my houses world guarded :)
2. What type of security system? Place water around it?

Legendary Crafter 2016, Epic Crafter 2015-2016, City Planner 2013-2015, Architect 2012-2013, Apprentice 2011-2012
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:12 am

jackerdelta wrote:I tested the idea over ~1000 blocks, works fine, though good luck getting the glass to make anything longer. Also, whats to prevent people from griefing the fax line (saying it goes long distance?) Even if you hide it, someone could still theoretically find it underground and just break it. If you make something over 1000 blocks long that means checking every single block.. Its a good idea in theory, but the practical use over any semi-long or long distance just seems really inefficient, might as well just fly form point A to B.
All things considered, if the effort was wanted, he could make a fault tolerant system for it.
So basically all points connect to all points, i mean yeah a central hub to make things faster, but any system would ideally have fault tolerance no matter the circumstance. While the redundancies would be a nuisance, it would help keep that tolerance and should it break at times, then yeah, check all the lines and report the griefs. Its a cool idea, and i would love to see this come to fruition, especially with town destination selection, but still, the requirements, time, and resources would be very intensive.
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread
Lynn

Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Maybe if it was built in the sky? Its harder for new players that dont seem to know the rules >.> to get up there because they dont have fly cause they dont have it unless bought. I could help with glass too V0nn
v0nngamerrocks

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm

to fix grief and to check lines shoot a test item through the piped and see if it is received
I like memes

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”