Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Player Spotlight: Ember_Animus

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:33 pm

This Thanksgiving spotlight...

Ember_Animus

This spotlight, we like to present you Ember_Animus! She joined the server as simply nobody (not a name), yet months after, she has showcased different redstone contraptions starting from a simple but complicated door to something technical we have yet to know.

Who are you? When did you join RenMX?
My name is Ember_Animus, but some might know me as Ember_Celica. I am also commonly referred to as Ember. As for how long ago i joined, i would have to say that it was around 6-8 months ago.

What do you enjoy the most in our server?
The enjoyment that i get most out of it is generally the new events, the dedication of the staff and Pri, the fair judging(and sometimes difficulty) of getting ranks, and lastly the community

What types of creations do you like to create?
If you ever hear of me working on something, or see me doing something, it is almost always a redstone project.

How do you plan before you create?
I typically dont plan to much, i just get an idea in my head of what i want to build and then start for it. In spite of that, there is one thing that i have recently started doing for the redstone, and that is by starting with the User Interface, if applicable. So for example, if i have a display board for numbers (Like a digital clock-face, or a calculator screen) i will start with making that and then build the rest of it off of it.

Do you have any tips for us to craft better creations?
As for redstone, its a bit hard to really peg something that will have you craft better creations because it can be made a wide variety of ways. The best example of that is the redstone clock; variations include: Repeater clock, hopper clock, Pulsing Torch, and etc. However, i will say that knowledge of what each components do, as well as the different ways redstone interacts with different blocks (like slabs, glowstone, glass, item frames, chests, etc) is extremely useful. Also, if you are building something and dont know exactly how to make a piece of it, dont be afraid to look online for a solution or ask others, its how you learn, and as you learn you will know how to make your own version, tweak it, or maybe even use it in ways other than its intended use.

Any projects we look forward to?
Right now i have several. I am working on my second engineer application, which what it is will be hidden til i submit it. In addition i am in the process of finishing my EC redstone application, which is a redstone user database (currently 6 users, but infinitely expandable). There is also another project which i am aspiring to do at somepoint, and that is something akin to a computer, but in minecraft, however that will be quite a ways down the road.

If you're going to implement a feature for RenMX, what would it be?
If i was to add a feature, well i would have to say, the ability to gamble cards in a way, so instead of money, you could lose something of great value, or maybe gain something greater.
Example: You could bet your Gold ingot card and your Pig morph card, and in return you could get only one of those back, get a pig zombie morph card, a gold block card, a pig spawner, or a pigzombie spawner, or maybe even just gain a few hundred to a couple thousand rennies. On the other hand, you could lose both of the cards, maybe lose an extra card you didnt want to bet (special even cards, champ cards, and etcetera exempt), loose money, or maybe even lose items from your inventory. A high-risk but high-reward betting with extra adventure, and in a way could add the need for cards, and boost card trading eco.
Of course it would have different prize pools and punishments for different cards, different scaling, and also have different tiers/rarities for the prizes/punishments. Also, maybe within that you could pay some rennies to 'unlock' the barrier and add some different cards to the prize pool (at random, and at set intervals), but beware, it also would add a new or extra chance for punishments.
Just a small thought though.

What's your feedback about our community?
The community is amazing all in all, but would just like a bit less of the agitation/animosity towards other players, self inclusive, as well as maybe a more open minded community that instead of inspiring those things or contributing towards negative actions that would further increase creativity and benefit the community. This is not a large change, since it is vastly like that, but there is still enough to place it here. However, again it is still an awesome community.

Other pictures
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Player Spotlight: Ember_Animus

Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:22 pm

What's your feedback about our community?
The community is amazing all in all, but would just like a bit less of the agitation/animosity towards other players, self inclusive, as well as maybe a more open minded community that instead of inspiring those things or contributing towards negative actions that would further increase creativity and benefit the community. This is not a large change, since it is vastly like that, but there is still enough to place it here. However, again it is still an awesome community.
I think the agitation/animosity you feel is due to the way you've acted while on the server. And I would disagree that it's a general problem on our server or that we as staff do not already deal with all the minor squabbles that come up between players from time to time.

Our rules promote positive social play giving players a lot of freedom but not free reign to treat other players poorly. We enforce those rules rigorously and all our staff are trained in exactly how to handle and de-escalate squabbles and harassment. We actually have an enormous staff guide similar to our player wiki that provides our staff with the knowledge to handle any eventuation and they follow it religiously.

I write this post not to scold or discredit you, just to give my perspective on the issues you've raised. I feel like the negative interactions you've had with the other players have mostly been down to how you speak and treat them and their reactions are a reflection on yourself more than anything. We cannot police the subtleties of player relationships, people form an opinion on someone and it's difficult to change it. But that doesn't mean we don't intervene when we see bullying or harassment, we just can't step in when someone ignores a player or refuses to strike up a conversation with them, that's just life.
EmberCelica
Engineer
Engineer
CPU: i7 6700k
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: [Unknown]
GPU: AMD RX480
Cooling: Fan Cooling

Re: Player Spotlight: Ember_Animus

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:07 pm

I understand that position, and all i can say is from what i see and from what i have experienced, and experience varies from person to person, thus a persons feedback would be something different each time. I suppose from what it seems and from what has been stated from numerous people, not just yourself, that it may be a problem with me and if it is then i suppose that im just trouble anyway lol. Point is that if my experiences are the only ones of such then it might be that i no longer need to interact, as extreme as it may sound.
Image Im the engineer of engineers.
Check out my redstone info thread

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”