CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Player Spotlight (Strang)

Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:28 am

Finally, this month's first Player Spotlight after 2-3 week delay...

Strang

First of all, Strang would like to greet his fan base Strangers :) :D One of the active builders in RenMX, Strang spearheaded an island building project "TarValon" in Survival server along his real life friend Sawyer815 which they aim to build an island that can look similiar to King's Landing (from Game of Thrones). He recently won the Halloween building contest with a spooky tower rollercoaster.

Who are you? When did you join RenMX?
I'm strang, I joined in February 2014.

What do you enjoy the most in our server?
What's not to love? Generous and interesting plugins, years' worth of incredible builds, loads to do, and a bunch of crazy people to keep things fun.

What types of creations do you like to create?
I like to experiment with my builds, sometimes medieval, sometimes modern, even if I end up coming back to the same overall style. Whatever it is, it's usually crammed with redstone gadgets. And I have a thing for making trees. <3

How do you plan before you create?
When I can, I try to fit into the lines and materials of the surrounding environment. If I'm building on a theme, I search Google Images and jot down all the details I like best. For big builds above ground, I use dirt to sketch out the lines of the walls and floors before I lay the first block to minimize /facepalming.

Do you have any tips for us to craft better creations?
Google. Youtube. Check the forums for previous projects that were successful. Variety in the details goes a long way, and the more subtle the better. Ask the opinion of anyone willing to look.

Any projects we look forward to?
I'm working on TarValon, the enormous island city that sawyer815 built over an ocean. It's going to be medieval themed with the suggestion of an ancient history, surrounded by walls with functioning towers, with multiple districts with distinct features. In the end we think it'll rival the best on the server.

If you're going to implement a feature for RenMX, what would it be?
Things are awfully good as they are...but sometimes I'd pay R10,000 to be able to turn off general chat. (Looove you guyys.)

What's your feedback about our community?
The whole reason I'm still inspired to play Minecraft every day.
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”