How our new Jobs plugin works!

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

How our new Jobs plugin works!

Wed May 21, 2014 11:02 am

So today I added the Jobs plugin you can read about that on our homepage: http://www.renmx.com/2014/05/21/minecra ... gin-added/

Basically Jobs is a plugin which gives you money for doing normal menial tasks like chopping wood, mining, smelting ores, making weapons, armor and enchanting items.

The way it works is you'll gain XP each time you do these tasks and as your XP goes up you'll gain different levels. You start at level 1 in whichever job you pick (you can hold four jobs at the same time) and you can progress up to currently level 100. I may raise the level cap at a later date depending on how it goes.

So when you actually break blocks, like if you're a wood cutter you'll earn (when level 100) 9 cents per log you chop. So that means when you're level 100 and you have a full stack of 64 logs you would have made R5.76 - This may not seem like a whole lot for level 100 but if you half that to R2.88 @ lvl 50 it may seem more worthwhile.

The point of Jobs is not to replace other revenue streams, you should still be voting, auctioning, idling and so on. But this is an extra way to make money just by playing the game you normally do.

So to get a job you can type /job browse find a job that you like from the list and then type /job join <name of job> for example: /job join woodcutter

You can type /jobs stats to see your level within the jobs you hold and how much XP you have earned and how much XP you require to reach the next level within that job.

You don't only earn money for collecting materials. You also earn money for placing materials (if you've taken a builder job) for smelting materials (if you're a weapon smith) and for killing mobs and even killing players.

You can view all the activities that you can do under your job by typing /jobs info <job name> for example /job info woodcutter would tell me the following: (I'm level 100 for this example)
  • Break:
    Log = 5 XP + R0.09
    Place:
    Sapling = 125 XP + R0.01
    Wood = 250 XP + R0.01
    Kill:
    Player = 939 XP + R0.14
    Smelt:
    Charcoal = 250 XP + R0.01
Please note, if you're a very low level (below 10) some jobs may list the money you receive as R0 when in-fact you'll still receive money but it will be a smaller increment such as R0.009

So for the woodcutter at level 100 you can see I get quite a lot of money for each log I cut down, each block of wood I place, each sapling I place, each player I kill and each piece of Charcoal I get from smelting logs.

Other professions are just like this. Mining for example will give you 6x more rennies per Diamond Ore Block you break vs Logs. So if you break 64 Ore Blocks at level 100 in mining you'd earn 17.28 Rennies.

So this is the new Jobs plugin, I am obviously still tinkering with the way it works. The reward prices and the jobs themselves are in flux and will be adjusted but this thread should help you get to grips with how it functions.

One last thing I wanted to mention, if you level up a job and then decide to switch to another job you will lose all of your levels and experience in that previous job. So make sure you choose which profession you want to partake in as you cannot leave and then come back to it without starting over.
Stephanie
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter
CPU: C2E 9300 2.53 @ 3.06
RAM: 4GB @ 1333MHz
Motherboard: NVIDIA 730i
GPU: GTX 280M SLI
Display: 17" 1920x1200

Re: How our new Jobs plugin works!

Wed May 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Sexy Pri!
forddog
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 am

sweet
RamboNol
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Thu May 22, 2014 1:18 am

In not sure "Sexy" is the right term to describe it, Steph, lol. But awesome, Pri! Cool to see it finally implemented.
INSERT COOL SIGNATURE

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”