Server soon updating to v1.7.9

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Server soon updating to v1.7.9

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:22 pm

As I have been asked again and again, when are we updating, why isn't the server updated yet? :lol:

The move to Minecraft v1.7.9 is actually quite substantial as it introduces UUID and there is a lot of work that had to be done and still needs to be done before we can update. This included updating our plugins and testing that everything works as it should.

Adrian one of our Administrators has written a multitude of plugins for the server and also taken over some that were written by other people that they abandoned. One of these abandoned plugins that Adrian took over had to be updated for us to update to 1.7.9 and I'm happy to say he was able to do that this morning.

So I think we will likely upgrade to 1.7.9 the latest version of Minecraft either tomorrow or later this week. And as we use BungeeCord we are not restricting you to only using 1.7.9 to connect to our server.

You'll be able to use versions 1.7.2 to 1.7.9 so whichever version you prefer using between those releases you can continue to use.

I know for some of you who play on multiple servers and have to keep your clients up to date to play on those servers are frustrated that we aren't updated yet but the fact is this is a unusual update it changed a lot of things that you as players don't see but for us server owners causes a lot of real headaches.

Thanks for reading :)
Vusys
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Server soon updating to v1.7.9

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:35 pm

I use MultiMC.

Better than the official launcher and supports as many versions/ accounts you want side by side without faffing about with the official launcher's confusing menus.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks for sharing :)
Bieb

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Thank you Adrian! You are awesome!
Riven
Architect