Iconic Build Off! - 1st of May to the 7th of May!

Discuss anything you want about Minecraft here including our own servers
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iconic Build Off! - 1st of May to the 7th of May!

Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 am

Important changes to Contests:
  • From now on contests will begin on the 1st and the 15th of every month instead of every 2 weeks. This is to make sure everyone is aware of the date a new contest will be announced while maintaining our two contests a month goal.
  • Plot sizes have been increased by two blocks on each side
  • Contests must reach 10 Entrants minimum for winners to be selected and prizes to be awarded. If a contest doesn't reach 10 Entries, all those who entered upto that point will receive 5K Rickies.
Rules:
  • You must build an Iconic structure from real life. Statues, Buildings etc
  • Pick a plot in the contest area of our Survival server
  • Do not build outside of your plot boundary, no exceptions.
Prizes provided by:
  • IDED & Pri
This contest has some really great prizes. I have included not just Dirt, not just Dirt 2 but Dirt 3 too. The entire Dirt racing franchise. These are really excellent games. We also have Shank 2, DLC Quest and Lone Survivor. All games rated 80 or higher on Meta Critic.

I can't wait to see some of the iconic builds you guys come up with. I know that the plot sizes aren't as big as they should be for this kind of contest but hopefully you can make some interesting things in the size plots we have at the moment. We are diligently working towards the new spawn with its much larger contest plots. To hold you over though I have increased the plot sizes by two blocks on each side in the current spawn. Hopefully it will help you guys out :)

Thanks for reading and happy building. The contest is open right now!
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Iconic Build Off! - 1st of May to 7th of May!

Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am

I'd like to personally thank IDED for providing both Shank 2 and Sanctum for this contest and many many many of the games he has provided for the previous contests. It is very much appreciated and without IDED we wouldn't of began offering games as part of our contests this year so a special thanks to him for that :)

I'd also like to thank Jackaroo for providing Orcs Must Die 2 in our previous Fountain Contest. That contest went really well with every single plot in the contest filled for the first time.
jackerdelta
Legendary Crafter
Legendary Crafter

Re: Iconic Build Off! - 1st of May to the 7th of May!

Wed May 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank's Pri :) Maybe i'll donate another game like...idk...Dungeon Defenders or something but it will be a good game >:D

Legendary Crafter 2016, Epic Crafter 2015-2016, City Planner 2013-2015, Architect 2012-2013, Apprentice 2011-2012
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm

The more games donated the better the contests will be! :D
Andrewjpf
Apprentice
Apprentice
CPU: A Potato

Fri May 03, 2013 6:57 pm

Great idea with the new contest rules, but the last one dealing with 10 entrants bothers me. I know most people on this server are decent people, but would it not be possible for a group to somehow abuse this system? I know this seems extremely unlikely, but it would be very tempting for people to get free rickies for doing no work besides entering the contest. Unless you already know about this and have plans for such and I'm just blabbering on like an insane man. Just my two cents.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fri May 03, 2013 7:00 pm

That rule for the 5K rickies only applies if there isn't 10 entries or more.

What this means is, if 11 people enter the contest, none of them get rickies. The normal prizes apply with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Only if there aren't 10 entries do those who had entered up to that point get 5K rickies each.

The point of this rule is to entice people to build while maintaining prizes for in the eventuality that hardly anyone enters.
Andrewjpf
Apprentice
Apprentice
CPU: A Potato

Sat May 04, 2013 3:10 am

Yes, but the thought I had in mind was if players made it so only 9 or less people entered, assuring them the rickies. More or less cheating the system. I know it seems really unrealistic, but the thought just occurred.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 am

Andrewjpf wrote:Yes, but the thought I had in mind was if players made it so only 9 or less people entered, assuring them the rickies. More or less cheating the system. I know it seems really unrealistic, but the thought just occurred.
That won't happen. Players aren't that smart. :lol:
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun May 05, 2013 9:30 pm

This contest was a total fail. Only 7 entries in 5 days. I've decided to end it early because I believe the task here to build something from real life is just too difficult which is why many people have not entered.

The next contest will begin on the 15th of May. It will be a tower building contest. Anyone caught building a tower in the contest area before the 15th will be disqualified. Do not enter until you see the notice boards in place declaring the contest in-game.

Users entitled to the R5,000 reward:
Freakboy
ycicle
minecontemp8
drboomboom
Le_Corblock1

Please contact me in-game when you see me to receive your rewards. The other users who entered either didn't complete their entries or their entries were too pathetic (Bandwithmans cobble pyramid) to receive any Rickies as a reward.

Return to “Minecraft General Discussion”