iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

Discuss all kinds of software here including apps, games and operating systems. You can also share software guides and receive help for your software in this section.
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:29 pm

I installed it yesterday on my iPhone 4S and I have to admit there isn't much there in the way of new features.

Some things I noticed straight away:

New iPod Skin, New App Store Layout and Skin, New iTunes Store Layout and Skin. The top menu bar that shows your battery/3G/Time etc changes colour depending on the top menu of the app you're in. You can now Tweet from the Notifications Menu.

The new 3D maps look very realistic even the trees are 3D and it does at points look photo realistic. When you zoom in there is a lot of pixelation however. When you have hybrid map turned on which means you get places names, street routes + satellite maps and 3D the whole map becomes incredibly laggy. Sub 1FPS when panning and zooming. If you turn Hybrid off and turn just satellite on which means you get images + 3D then it's smooth with no lag. I think this is just a performance problem they will need to fix before release.

Everything seems quite stable I've not had any problems running it so far. I noticed inside the App Store that when you update apps it no longer asks for your iTunes password and it updates apps without ever leaving the Store. A nice feature I've wanted for ages. You can now also Launch apps straight from the App Store. I suppose this is for when you just buy an app and you want to launch it straight away.

Assortment of Pictures (Click any to view large):
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hall742
Engineer
Engineer

Re: iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:10 pm

I got to say it seems to be a lot smoother than the previous one,
there was one thing I noticed and that was all my music, videos and pictures had just been deleted, it wasn't on my ipod and it wasn't on my computer either, they had all just disappeared into thin air... I'm not sure if it was corrupted or if it was some kind of bug?
Never the less its probably one of the better operating system of any of the ones I've seen so far and if they patch up the odd bugs here and there I think it will be a very successful system
フェアリーテイル
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

When you install iOS6 make sure you do an upgrade and not a restore. If you do a restore all your settings, apps and music will disappear. To perform an upgrade simply hold down ALT on your Mac and click on "Check for Updates" and then a file browser window will open for you to select the ipsw file.

Return to “Software Centre”