CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 32GB DDR4
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570 WiFi Plus
GPU: ROG STRIX 3080
Display: 3440x1440 Dell S3422DWG
Cooling: CM MasterLiquid 240 AIO

Newer Minecraft: Like or Dislike?

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 pm

I started playing Minecraft in about beta 1.1. Since then a ton of stuff has been added. Some good, some kinda bad in my opinion. What do you guys think? Personally, the addition of horses, and all these new mobs and items and blocks, make Minecraft feel like it is loosing that original "Minecraft" feel to me. I enjoyed the older days of Minecraft. Again, what do you guys think?
freakboy31
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: i7-7700HQ
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: -
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4GB
Display: -
Cooling: -

Re: Newer Minecraft: Like or Dislike?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:06 am

There is an illusion that we hate more changes than few changes.

Minecraft is about exploring and most of the updates can help me explore far far away like beds and boats. The Creative Mode is based on now-Classic mode with more items. It still hasn't lost its laggy connection.

I like newer updates as long as it follows the purpose of the game: survival, exploration and navigation.
I'm SUPPORTER and was the first Asian and youngest staff member at age 13.
freakboy31
Epic Crafter since Nov 2013 / Server moderator from Jun. 2012 - Oct. 2017

Populus Magnus nation
Pri
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 am

I like the new Minecraft I just wish they would add more blocks or ways to alter blocks.

Having a cutting machine that could slice blocks in to smaller sizes like 1/8th's and a machine that can colour stacks of blocks would be great too. Just in general more customisation.
Db696
CPU: i7 3770 3.9 ghz
RAM: G.Skill 12gb 1333
Motherboard: ASUS P8b75-V
GPU: EVGA GTX 780
Display: Samsung 1920 x 1080
Cooling: Air - Standard

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 am

I wish they didn't make armor and weapon enchantments, now combat is terrible because everyone walks the earth like a god.
Jayman0101
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
RAM: 32GB DDR4
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X570 WiFi Plus
GPU: ROG STRIX 3080
Display: 3440x1440 Dell S3422DWG
Cooling: CM MasterLiquid 240 AIO

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:42 am

Pri wrote:I like the new Minecraft I just wish they would add more blocks or ways to alter blocks.

Having a cutting machine that could slice blocks in to smaller sizes like 1/8th's and a machine that can colour stacks of blocks would be great too. Just in general more customisation.
In pocket Edition, there is a separate device for crafting stone and brick type things like quartz, and it is called the stone cutter. It's pretty much a different crafting table, but it doesn't do what you said. Good idea.

I still love minecraft for what it is, but a lot of things in the game now were once mods, and I guess I liked exploring mods more than what was already there. :\
IceDevice
Supporter
Supporter
CPU: AMD FX 8120
RAM: 8GB of some shit brand
Motherboard: Some shitty gigabyte board
GPU: Zotac GTX 970
Display: 24" Samsung thing
Cooling: Air

Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:45 am

I started playing Minecraft in 1.8.1 right before 1.0 came out, and I personally thought it was great. Some of the new things, I don't like that much. Potions are something that I think should have been left out. Mojang adapted two actual mods into Minecraft. Brewing was a mod, and the new horses are a mod, too. I know I have seen that armor in a mod before.
The only difference between dicking around and science...
is writing it down.
CraftminerX
CPU: Junk.
RAM: 4 GB Corsair DDR2
Motherboard: Also junk.
GPU: 1x NVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Display: 1x 24" Acer
Cooling: Air

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:19 pm

I've been playing since the Halloween Update (Alpha 1.2, the last major update before Beta 1.0), and I mostly like what you call the "new" Minecraft. I'm not a big fan of enchanting, but I don't think it's bad. As far as I know, unless you build a farm (which unfortunatley is quite easy – look up SethBling's "poor man's enderman farm"), it doesn't make you extremely overpowered.

The only thing I hate is hunger. That freaking food meter. It doesn't make the game easy, and it doesn't make the game hard either, but it's so annoying. I prefer the old way of eating whenever your health goes down, not every 10 minutes to keep your health at more than five hearts. And with my luck of finding animals... yeah. I don't know what you guys think, but I hate it.
Yes, this was a completely unnecessary post. Deal with it.

Image Image

Return to “General Chat”